Not every company is required to register as an employer, and to be aware of what triggers the requirement to register will help ensure that you comply with the regulations.

Have a question?
Get A Free Quote
Have a question?
Get A Free Quote

Your partners in planning and success

You must register as an employer if you pay either yourself or another worker a salary per month over the threshold amount. If you are paying yourself or other employees an amount under the employer threshold every month, there is no need to operate PAYE, and there is also no need to submit any monthly RTI returns to HMRC. If you meet the requirements for registration, you can complete the details online for HMRC to send you a tax office reference number and an employer reference number. These details are essential for completing RTI submissions and company payroll.

Advice For Employers Payroll Registration

You must register for payroll if you are employing someone, running a construction industry scheme, or paying yourself through a limited company as a director. As an employer, you have a duty to deduct proper tax and national insurance contribution and pay it to HMRC. You will also be liable to pay the national minimum wage and keep records of payroll and human resource files. With an increasing number of changes to payroll compliance by HMRC, employers must update themselves with the new laws coming into force in future. HMRC may make compliance visits to check if payroll records have been maintained, and proper tax and national insurance have been deducted and paid.

Many questions are commonly posed by small business owners registering as an employer for the first time. 

  • How do I get Government Gateway details?
  • Will any sensitive PAYE information be visible?
  • Do I need one account or more than one?
  • Do I need to add connected companies?
  • Will staff be able to see information relating to my other connected companies?

Handling employer registration can be very challenging; however, The Accountancy Solutions can help you navigate your way through the complexities of the law. Contact us today and find out how we can help you.


We care for our clients. Building and maintaining fantastic relationships is what we do best, we will never treat you as a number which is what makes our approach so unique. The highest level of customer service combined with a keenness to listen and work together with our clients means that we leave a stream of happy clients in our wake every single day. Our services come with unlimited help and support provided at no extra cost throughout the year.That help and advice will all come courtesy of your own fully qualified and dedicated small business accountant.

Got a question?
No problem

Are you just looking for an answer to a general question? We always provide free advice to individuals and self employed persons. You can send us an email, call us or fill in the form. But you should be asking answers to general questions.

Payroll Registration

Struggling with payroll registration. Let the experts handle your application with HMRC. Call our office to discuss requirments.

Real Time Information

It would be very hard to use HMRC fotware for RTi and as a small busness not cost effective to use third party. When we can do for free

Employee Benefit

Ever heard of employee benefit tax releif. If not call us to discuss tax releif on employee beneft deductions and how to minimise your PAYE.

Workplace Pension

If you do not comply to workplace pension duties, the fine are very high. There is very less chance to win appeal. Start your duties now.

Frequently Asked Questions

Most frequent questions and answers

No we do not charge any fee for initial consultation. We will try to give you free guidance if its something you can do easily by yourself. We will only charge you if you appoint us to do some work for you. 

We are giving free advice on general questions and this is one way of paying back to our local community who cannot get through to tax man. But if your question is of specific nature, we will tell you about our fee.

You can certainly ask question about accounting but you should know that we cannot teach you accounting over the phone or online. If you are not familiar with book keeping or accounting, its best to hire an accountant?

If you are only after advice, we will make a decision after hearing question. It may take further investigation and we may have to look into your personal circumstances to answer your question.

Free advice for our clients

Our Services For Business

Client Testimonials

Our clients are our assets and we take every step to look after them and provide them the advice and support when ever they need. 


It has never been easier to switch accountants. You just need to sign our engagement letter and we will do the rest.

Our Blog

Read our Latest Blog

Uptodate knowledge of tax and business sectors of UK, HMRC and EU written in language you can understand.

Maintaining your NIC contributions Covid-19

If a person already has 35 qualifying years or is likely to do so by the time that they reach state pension age, missing a year will not adversely affect their state pension entitlement. However, if they have less than 35 years (and will be able to reach the minimum 10 years needed for a reduced state pension by the time that they reach state pension age) making voluntary contributions can be worthwhile.


Selling the Buy to Let property at a loss

While any gain on the sale of a property that has been the taxpayer’s main residence throughout the period of ownership is covered by private residence relief, the flip side is that if the main residence is sold at a loss, the loss is not an allowable loss for capital gains tax purposes.