Business Capital
Gains Tax

Whether you need help applying for a relief, judging eligibility, or assistance with the tax management of your business, our professionally trained accountants can offer exceptional advice based on our years of experience.

Have a question?
Get A Free Quote
Have a question?
Get A Free Quote

Gains Tax

When you dispose of certain business assets, and make a profit from the disposal, you have a requirement to pay Capital Gains Tax (CGT) to the HMRC whether you are in a business partnership, a sole trader, or are self-employed. This process involves the calculation of gains and losses, filing the CGT return, as well as the inclusion of any reliefs that you many be eligible for. In some instances, the rates and calculation requirements can change significantly, such as in the case where the market value is used instead of the sale price.

Business Capital Gains Tax

At The Accountancy Solutions, our professional team of CGT accountants can help you to manage all the CGT requirements of your business. From annual record keeping to the sale of business assets, we can aid you in recording your CGT losses and gains and assist in the completion of your CGT returns. Our expert team can make the time-consuming and complicated process that much easier.

We can assist in all areas of CGT for businesses, including:

  • Business Asset Eligibility
  • Capital Gains Tax Loss and Gains Calculations
  • Record Keeping and Capital Gains Tax Returns
  • Exemptions and Reliefs
  • Inherited Tax Value and Capital Gains Tax Return Amendments
  • Tax Relief, such as;
    • Entrepreneurs Relief
    • Gift Hold-Over Relief
    • Business Asset Rollover Relief
    • Incorporation Relief
    • Disincorporation Relief
    • Private Residence Relief

For more information about CGT for businesses, and the tax relief opportunities available, contact our team at The Accounting Solutions for expert accounting advice today.


We care for our clients. Building and maintaining fantastic relationships is what we do best, we will never treat you as a number which is what makes our approach so unique. The highest level of customer service combined with a keenness to listen and work together with our clients means that we leave a stream of happy clients in our wake every single day. Our services come with unlimited help and support provided at no extra cost throughout the year.That help and advice will all come courtesy of your own fully qualified and dedicated small business accountant.

Got a question?
No problem

Are you just looking for an answer to a general question? We always provide free advice to individuals and self employed persons. You can send us an email, call us or fill in the form. But you should be asking answers to general questions.

Capital Gains Tax

Personal Capital Gains Tax

As an individual, you must pay your CGT within 30 days of selling your asset. There are different rules for business.

Business Capital Gains Tax

As business do not miss out on the opportunity of claiming certain reliefs on capital gains. Call our team for a brief chat.

CGT Relief And Allowances

Here we explain different reliefs and allowances that you may be eligible to receiveas business, so you can calculate exact tax.

CGT Efficient Investments

We provide expert assistance and advice pertaining to all areas of CGT efficient investments, including the use of ISA’s and SIPP’s

Frequently Asked Questions

Most frequent questions and answers

Yes you can. Most of our clients who are small bsuiness , we setup an automated software for them to do their book keeping. We only need the records at the end of each period for compliance.

It would take only 10-15 minuites to populate a spread sheet each day to enter data of your daily expenses. You can also take picture of reciepts and save it in a secured drive. Or you can use a software like Reciept bank.

Our charges are depend on amount of time we will spend on yor book keeping. Most of the time and because of availability of online and IT tools we advice clients to scan their record to save time and money.

We will not advice to do your book keeping on annual basis. There are many reasons and the major reason is you will find it hard to analyse and store records for the whole year if left to the end of the year.

Free advice for our clients

Our Services For Business

Client Testimonials

Our clients are our assets and we take every step to look after them and provide them the advice and support when ever they need. 


It has never been easier to switch accountants. You just need to sign our engagement letter and we will do the rest.

Our Blog

Read our Latest Blog

Uptodate knowledge of tax and business sectors of UK, HMRC and EU written in language you can understand.

Maintaining your NIC contributions Covid-19

If a person already has 35 qualifying years or is likely to do so by the time that they reach state pension age, missing a year will not adversely affect their state pension entitlement. However, if they have less than 35 years (and will be able to reach the minimum 10 years needed for a reduced state pension by the time that they reach state pension age) making voluntary contributions can be worthwhile.


Selling the Buy to Let property at a loss

While any gain on the sale of a property that has been the taxpayer’s main residence throughout the period of ownership is covered by private residence relief, the flip side is that if the main residence is sold at a loss, the loss is not an allowable loss for capital gains tax purposes.