Business Asset Roll Over Relief

At The Accountancy Solutions, we provide tailored help in all areas of CGT and the reliefs and exemptions for businesses. Using our comprehensive service, you can help to relieve the CGT requirements of your business and focus on business growth and development. For more information about eligibility and how our qualified accountants can help your business, don’t delay contacting our team.

Have a question?
Get A Free Quote
Have a question?
Get A Free Quote

Your partners in planning and success

Business asset roll-over relief allows for the delayed payment of Capital Gains Tax (CGT) in certain qualifying situations. It is normally awarded when certain business assets are disposed of, and all or some of the proceeds are reinvested in new assets for a business. The requirement to pay CGT to the HMRC is then referred to until such a point when the new assets are disposed of. At this point, CGT may be due to the new asset and the old asset. It can be claimed for in the preparation of buying new assets or after the fact.

Business Asset Roll Over Relief

The use of the business asset roll over relief can be invaluable for growing businesses who need the extra proceeds to develop their businesses further. At The Accountancy Solutions, our expert CGT accountants can help you understand the relief conditions and help you establish your businesses eligibility. Our professional accountants can help you in the following areas of CGT requirements:

  • Business Asset Roll Over Partial Relief
  • Claims for Business Asset Roll Over Relief
  • Eligibility for Business Asset Roll Over Relief
  • Capital Gains Tax Returns
  • Record Keeping
  • Capital Gains Tax Reliefs
  • Capital Gains Tax Losses and Gains Calculations
  • Capital Gains Tax Return Amendments


We care for our clients. Building and maintaining fantastic relationships is what we do best, we will never treat you as a number which is what makes our approach so unique. The highest level of customer service combined with a keenness to listen and work together with our clients means that we leave a stream of happy clients in our wake every single day. Our services come with unlimited help and support provided at no extra cost throughout the year.That help and advice will all come courtesy of your own fully qualified and dedicated small business accountant.

Got a question?
No problem

Are you just looking for an answer to a general question? We always provide free advice to individuals and self employed persons. You can send us an email, call us or fill in the form. But you should be asking answers to general questions.

Roll Over Relief

Using our service, you can understand the CGT requirements of your business and focus on business growth and development.

Incorporation Relief

To learn more about the incorporation relief and whether you’re eligible, don’t hesitate to contact The Accountancy Solutions

Gift Hold Over Relief

By seeking help from one of the expert accountants, you will have peace of mind over the disposal of your business assets

Entrepreneurs Relief

With our comprehensive knowledge of business CGT, you can trust our professional team to keep your affairs in order

Frequently Asked Questions

Most frequent questions and answers

No we do not charge any fee for initial consultation. We will try to give you free guidance if its something you can do easily by yourself. We will only charge you if you appoint us to do some work for you. 

We are giving free advice on general questions and this is one way of paying back to our local community who cannot get through to tax man. But if your question is of specific nature, we will tell you about our fee.

You can certainly ask question about accounting but you should know that we cannot teach you accounting over the phone or online. If you are not familiar with book keeping or accounting, its best to hire an accountant?

If you are only after advice, we will make a decision after hearing question. It may take further investigation and we may have to look into your personal circumstances to answer your question.

Free advice for our clients

Our Services For Business

Client Testimonials

Our clients are our assets and we take every step to look after them and provide them the advice and support when ever they need. 


It has never been easier to switch accountants. You just need to sign our engagement letter and we will do the rest.

Our Blog

Read our Latest Blog

Uptodate knowledge of tax and business sectors of UK, HMRC and EU written in language you can understand.

Maintaining your NIC contributions Covid-19

If a person already has 35 qualifying years or is likely to do so by the time that they reach state pension age, missing a year will not adversely affect their state pension entitlement. However, if they have less than 35 years (and will be able to reach the minimum 10 years needed for a reduced state pension by the time that they reach state pension age) making voluntary contributions can be worthwhile.


Selling the Buy to Let property at a loss

While any gain on the sale of a property that has been the taxpayer’s main residence throughout the period of ownership is covered by private residence relief, the flip side is that if the main residence is sold at a loss, the loss is not an allowable loss for capital gains tax purposes.