Our expert accountants are always on hand for support through your business transfer and use of the incorporation relief scheme. Trained in all areas of CGT and experienced in the use of business reliefs and allowances, you can trust our professional team to ensure that your CGT affairs are in order. To learn more about the incorporation relief and whether you’re eligible, don’t hesitate to contact us.

Have a question?
Get A Free Quote
Have a question?
Get A Free Quote

Your partners in planning and success

In instances where a business has been transferred to a company and shares have been received in return, you could be eligible for delayed payment of Capital Gains Tax (CGT), known as incorporation relief. The delayed payment of CGT is until such a point where the acquired shares in the company are disposed of in the future. Incorporation relief can be used in circumstances where the business transfer has resulted in only shares being received and where they have been subsidized by cash, in which case CGT will need to be still paid on the cash proceeds. 

Advice For Incorporation Relief

Calculating CGT owed can be a complicated and time-consuming process, especially in the midst of a business transfer. To make sure it is the best decision for your personal circumstances, it can help to get the advice of a trained accountant, who will work with you during the process. Whether you are in a business partnership or are a sole trader, our professional team at The Accountancy Solutions can help you transfer your business.

We can provide professional advice in all areas of the incorporation relief and ongoing CGT management, including:

  • Capital Gains Tax on Cash While Under Incorporation Relief
  • Capital Gains Tax Returns
  • Record Keeping
  • Capital Gains Tax Losses and Gains Calculations
  • Capital Gains Tax Reliefs
  • Capital Gains Tax Return Amendments


We care for our clients. Building and maintaining fantastic relationships is what we do best, we will never treat you as a number which is what makes our approach so unique. The highest level of customer service combined with a keenness to listen and work together with our clients means that we leave a stream of happy clients in our wake every single day. Our services come with unlimited help and support provided at no extra cost throughout the year.That help and advice will all come courtesy of your own fully qualified and dedicated small business accountant.

Got a question?
No problem

Are you just looking for an answer to a general question? We always provide free advice to individuals and self employed persons. You can send us an email, call us or fill in the form. But you should be asking answers to general questions.

Roll Over Relief

Using our service, you can understand the CGT requirements of your business and focus on business growth and development.

Incorporation Relief

To learn more about the incorporation relief and whether you’re eligible, don’t hesitate to contact The Accountancy Solutions

Gift Hold Over Relief

By seeking help from one of the expert accountants, you will have peace of mind over the disposal of your business assets

Entrepreneurs Relief

With our comprehensive knowledge of business CGT, you can trust our professional team to keep your affairs in order

Frequently Asked Questions

Most frequent questions and answers

No we do not charge any fee for initial consultation. We will try to give you free guidance if its something you can do easily by yourself. We will only charge you if you appoint us to do some work for you. 

We are giving free advice on general questions and this is one way of paying back to our local community who cannot get through to tax man. But if your question is of specific nature, we will tell you about our fee.

You can certainly ask question about accounting but you should know that we cannot teach you accounting over the phone or online. If you are not familiar with book keeping or accounting, its best to hire an accountant?

If you are only after advice, we will make a decision after hearing question. It may take further investigation and we may have to look into your personal circumstances to answer your question.

Free advice for our clients

Our Services For Business

Client Testimonials

Our clients are our assets and we take every step to look after them and provide them the advice and support when ever they need. 


It has never been easier to switch accountants. You just need to sign our engagement letter and we will do the rest.

Our Blog

Read our Latest Blog

Uptodate knowledge of tax and business sectors of UK, HMRC and EU written in language you can understand.

Maintaining your NIC contributions Covid-19

If a person already has 35 qualifying years or is likely to do so by the time that they reach state pension age, missing a year will not adversely affect their state pension entitlement. However, if they have less than 35 years (and will be able to reach the minimum 10 years needed for a reduced state pension by the time that they reach state pension age) making voluntary contributions can be worthwhile.


Selling the Buy to Let property at a loss

While any gain on the sale of a property that has been the taxpayer’s main residence throughout the period of ownership is covered by private residence relief, the flip side is that if the main residence is sold at a loss, the loss is not an allowable loss for capital gains tax purposes.