Capital Gains Tax Payment

By using a specialist confidential service to take care of your CGT reports and payments, you can have peace of mind over the accuracy and quality of your CGT reports, along with the assurance that you have had access to all eligible reliefs and exemptions.

Have a question?
Get A Free Quote
Have a question?
Get A Free Quote

Your partners in planning and success

There are two ways to file a Capital Gains Tax (CGT) report; through a self-assessment return completed on an annual basis or by using a service, the reports CGT in real-time. For a self-assessment report, the capital losses and gains need to be documented, along with asset proceeds and additional information in the case of exemptions or reliefs. The real-time service is very different, and there is no requirement to use it once the tax year has finished. 

Capital Gains Tax Payment

Getting your self-assessment or real-time report right is incredibly important, both to ensure that you are paying the right amount of CGT and to avoid problems with the HMRC. The time-consuming and in-depth process of organising your CGT payments can be greatly aided by the use of an expert CGT accountant who can organise and optimise your accounts and ensure you meet the deadlines. At The Accountancy Solutions, we can help in the following areas of CGT payment planning:

  • Capital Gains Tax Self Assessments
  • Capital Gains Tax Real-Time Services
  • Non-resident UK Property Sales
  • Capital Loss and Gain Calculations
  • Asset Proceeds Management
  • Capital Gains Tax Reliefs and Exemptions


We care for our clients. Building and maintaining fantastic relationships is what we do best, we will never treat you as a number which is what makes our approach so unique. The highest level of customer service combined with a keenness to listen and work together with our clients means that we leave a stream of happy clients in our wake every single day. Our services come with unlimited help and support provided at no extra cost throughout the year.That help and advice will all come courtesy of your own fully qualified and dedicated small business accountant.

Got a question?
No problem

Are you just looking for an answer to a general question? We always provide free advice to individuals and self employed persons. You can send us an email, call us or fill in the form. But you should be asking answers to general questions.

Personal Capital Gains Tax

As an individual, you must pay your CGT within 30 days of selling your asset. There are different rules for business.

Business Capital Gains Tax

As business do not miss out on the opportunity of claiming certain reliefs on capital gains. Call our team for a brief chat.

CGT Relief And Allowances

Here we explain different reliefs and allowances that you may be eligible to receiveas business, so you can calculate exact tax.

CGT Efficient Investments

We provide expert assistance and advice pertaining to all areas of CGT efficient investments, including the use of ISA’s and SIPP’s

Frequently Asked Questions

Most frequent questions and answers

No we do not charge any fee for initial consultation. We will try to give you free guidance if its something you can do easily by yourself. We will only charge you if you appoint us to do some work for you. 

We are giving free advice on general questions and this is one way of paying back to our local community who cannot get through to tax man. But if your question is of specific nature, we will tell you about our fee.

You can certainly ask question about accounting but you should know that we cannot teach you accounting over the phone or online. If you are not familiar with book keeping or accounting, its best to hire an accountant?

If you are only after advice, we will make a decision after hearing question. It may take further investigation and we may have to look into your personal circumstances to answer your question.

Free advice for our clients

Our Services For Business

Client Testimonials

Our clients are our assets and we take every step to look after them and provide them the advice and support when ever they need. 


It has never been easier to switch accountants. You just need to sign our engagement letter and we will do the rest.

Our Blog

Read our Latest Blog

Uptodate knowledge of tax and business sectors of UK, HMRC and EU written in language you can understand.

Maintaining your NIC contributions Covid-19

If a person already has 35 qualifying years or is likely to do so by the time that they reach state pension age, missing a year will not adversely affect their state pension entitlement. However, if they have less than 35 years (and will be able to reach the minimum 10 years needed for a reduced state pension by the time that they reach state pension age) making voluntary contributions can be worthwhile.


Selling the Buy to Let property at a loss

While any gain on the sale of a property that has been the taxpayer’s main residence throughout the period of ownership is covered by private residence relief, the flip side is that if the main residence is sold at a loss, the loss is not an allowable loss for capital gains tax purposes.