Non Resident Investors

In the case of CGT requirements for non-resident investors, one of our expert CGT accountants can deal with the HMRC on your behalf, making the process of CGT returns much simpler and easier for you. No matter which bracket you fall under, our team at The Accountancy Solutions is always on hand to help manage your CGT affairs diligently and confidently.

Have a question?
Get A Free Quote
Have a question?
Get A Free Quote

Your partners in planning and success

If you don’t reside in the UK but own an investment property in the UK that you have disposed of, you must inform the HMRC of the disposal and any Capital Gains Tax (CGT) owed. This is also required if you are a partner in a partnership, a representative of a non-resident, using split year conditions, a trustee, or a fund or company. 

Support For Non Resident Investor

Handling business overseas can be very difficult without an expert accountant who can help you navigate the additional conditions that non-residents must adhere to. At Accountancy Solutions, we provide a full CGT service for non-residents required to pay CGT on investments in the UK. Our fully trained and qualified CGT accountants can provide advice and assistance in the following areas of non-resident CGT requirements:

  • Capital Gains Tax Loss and Gain Calculations
  • Record Keeping
  • Non-residential Capital Gains Tax Returns
  • Capital Gains Tax Return Amendments
  • Capital Gains Tax for Temporary Non-residents
  • Eligibility for Capital Gains Tax on Property
  • Self-Assessment
  • Business and Group Company Capital Gains Tax Services
  • Exemptions and Reliefs


We care for our clients. Building and maintaining fantastic relationships is what we do best, we will never treat you as a number which is what makes our approach so unique. The highest level of customer service combined with a keenness to listen and work together with our clients means that we leave a stream of happy clients in our wake every single day. Our services come with unlimited help and support provided at no extra cost throughout the year.That help and advice will all come courtesy of your own fully qualified and dedicated small business accountant.

Got a question?
No problem

Are you just looking for an answer to a general question? We always provide free advice to individuals and self employed persons. You can send us an email, call us or fill in the form. But you should be asking answers to general questions.

Personal Capital Gains Tax

As an individual, you must pay your CGT within 30 days of selling your asset. There are different rules for business.

Business Capital Gains Tax

As business do not miss out on the opportunity of claiming certain reliefs on capital gains. Call our team for a brief chat.

CGT Relief And Allowances

Here we explain different reliefs and allowances that you may be eligible to receiveas business, so you can calculate exact tax.

CGT Efficient Investments

We provide expert assistance and advice pertaining to all areas of CGT efficient investments, including the use of ISA’s and SIPP’s

Frequently Asked Questions

Most frequent questions and answers

No we do not charge any fee for initial consultation. We will try to give you free guidance if its something you can do easily by yourself. We will only charge you if you appoint us to do some work for you. 

We are giving free advice on general questions and this is one way of paying back to our local community who cannot get through to tax man. But if your question is of specific nature, we will tell you about our fee.

You can certainly ask question about accounting but you should know that we cannot teach you accounting over the phone or online. If you are not familiar with book keeping or accounting, its best to hire an accountant?

If you are only after advice, we will make a decision after hearing question. It may take further investigation and we may have to look into your personal circumstances to answer your question.

Free advice for our clients

Our Services For Business

Client Testimonials

Our clients are our assets and we take every step to look after them and provide them the advice and support when ever they need. 


It has never been easier to switch accountants. You just need to sign our engagement letter and we will do the rest.

Our Blog

Read our Latest Blog

Uptodate knowledge of tax and business sectors of UK, HMRC and EU written in language you can understand.

Maintaining your NIC contributions Covid-19

If a person already has 35 qualifying years or is likely to do so by the time that they reach state pension age, missing a year will not adversely affect their state pension entitlement. However, if they have less than 35 years (and will be able to reach the minimum 10 years needed for a reduced state pension by the time that they reach state pension age) making voluntary contributions can be worthwhile.


Selling the Buy to Let property at a loss

While any gain on the sale of a property that has been the taxpayer’s main residence throughout the period of ownership is covered by private residence relief, the flip side is that if the main residence is sold at a loss, the loss is not an allowable loss for capital gains tax purposes.