Double Taxation Treaties

While double taxation treaties are in place to help UK residents, they can be very complicated to navigate. Whether you need help with double taxation inheritance tax, getting an exemption or deduction, or require information about the formation of trusts, our team are on hand to provide fully confidential advice in all matters.

Have a question?
Get A Free Quote
Have a question?
Get A Free Quote

Your partners in planning and success

The income you receive, or gains made, somewhere other than the UK, maybe subjected to tax both in the UK and outside of the UK. To avoid UK residents being taxed twice on the same income or gains, there are a number of double taxation agreements in effect in the UK. For a business or individual to avoid paying the same tax twice, they must accurately calculate the income or gains received in the form of double taxation relief. The taxpayer must prove that the tax has been paid more than once. As countries have different rates, systems, and tax exemptions, this cannot be easy.

Advice For Double Tax Treaties

Using a trained tax accountant’s expert services can provide invaluable help in understanding where you stand in terms of double taxation and double inheritance taxation. Our team at The Accountancy Solutions can provide help and assistance with navigating the law and treaties in place to ensure that you are never faced with the problem of having to pay tax twice for the same earnings.

At The Accountancy Solutions, we can provide advice on double taxation treaties in the following areas:

  • Tax Relief on Discretionary Trusts and Interest in Possession Trusts
  • Double Taxation Relief
  • Double Taxation Exemptions and Deductions 
  • Unilateral Credit Relief
  • Double Taxation on Gifts and Inheritance
  • Double Taxation Agreements


We care for our clients. Building and maintaining fantastic relationships is what we do best, we will never treat you as a number which is what makes our approach so unique. The highest level of customer service combined with a keenness to listen and work together with our clients means that we leave a stream of happy clients in our wake every single day. Our services come with unlimited help and support provided at no extra cost throughout the year.That help and advice will all come courtesy of your own fully qualified and dedicated small business accountant.

Got a question?
No problem

Are you just looking for an answer to a general question? We always provide free advice to individuals and self employed persons. You can send us an email, call us or fill in the form. But you should be asking answers to general questions.

Reliefs and Exemptions

Inheritance tax is an area of tax that requires substantial forward planning in order for an estate to efficient

Estate And Wills

Writing a will and accounting for the assets in your estate is a very sensitive procedure which should not be ignored

Double Tax Treaties

If your not domiciled in UK, Double Tax Treaties can have a knock on effect on inheritance tax if structured properly.

Free Advice on IHT

Unfortunately because of specialist nature of Inheritance Tax we are unable to provide any free advice.

Frequently Asked Questions

Most frequent questions and answers

No we do not charge any fee for initial consultation. We will try to give you free guidance if its something you can do easily by yourself. We will only charge you if you appoint us to do some work for you. 

We are giving free advice on general questions and this is one way of paying back to our local community who cannot get through to tax man. But if your question is of specific nature, we will tell you about our fee.

You can certainly ask question about accounting but you should know that we cannot teach you accounting over the phone or online. If you are not familiar with book keeping or accounting, its best to hire an accountant?

If you are only after advice, we will make a decision after hearing question. It may take further investigation and we may have to look into your personal circumstances to answer your question.

Free advice for our clients

Our Services For Business

Client Testimonials

Our clients are our assets and we take every step to look after them and provide them the advice and support when ever they need. 


It has never been easier to switch accountants. You just need to sign our engagement letter and we will do the rest.

Our Blog

Read our Latest Blog

Uptodate knowledge of tax and business sectors of UK, HMRC and EU written in language you can understand.

Maintaining your NIC contributions Covid-19

If a person already has 35 qualifying years or is likely to do so by the time that they reach state pension age, missing a year will not adversely affect their state pension entitlement. However, if they have less than 35 years (and will be able to reach the minimum 10 years needed for a reduced state pension by the time that they reach state pension age) making voluntary contributions can be worthwhile.


Selling the Buy to Let property at a loss

While any gain on the sale of a property that has been the taxpayer’s main residence throughout the period of ownership is covered by private residence relief, the flip side is that if the main residence is sold at a loss, the loss is not an allowable loss for capital gains tax purposes.