Tax Returns

Unlike company employees, the directors of a company must file their self-assessment tax return in order to calculate the amount of national insurance and income tax they owe. Directors have to register with the HMRC for self-assessment before being able to submit your tax returns. 

Have a question?
Get A Free Quote
Have a question?
Get A Free Quote

Tax Returns

Self-assessment can be a complex process, especially for company directors who need to calculate their own tax allowances. If you want to be certain that you have claimed the tax relief that you are entitled to and are maximising your income, it is best to seek the advice of a trained accountant from The Accountancy Solutions team. We can ensure your tax return is accurately completed and submitted on time.

Tax Returns Directors Help

When it comes to directors of companies, tax calculations can be very different. Private limited companies have a flexible structure enabling NIC and Income tax liabilities for directors to be reduced and this is a significant benefit of this structure rather than being a sole trader. As limited companies can be managed and owned by an individual means that they can not only receive a director’s salary but they can also receive shareholder dividend payments resulting in savings in tax for the individual and the company alike.

Registration for Self Assessment for Directors can be completed over the internet but must take place no later than the 6th October after the end of the 1st tax year during which the company was formed or you became a director. A few days following registration you receive a UTR (Unique Taxpayer Reference) from HMRC which you then use for submitting your tax returns and for paying your NIC and Income tax. You can fill in a paper self-assessment form or an online one, although completing it online means that you benefit from a later deadline.


We care for our clients. Building and maintaining fantastic relationships is what we do best, we will never treat you as a number which is what makes our approach so unique. The highest level of customer service combined with a keenness to listen and work together with our clients means that we leave a stream of happy clients in our wake every single day. Our services come with unlimited help and support provided at no extra cost throughout the year.That help and advice will all come courtesy of your own fully qualified and dedicated small business accountant.

Got a question?
No problem

Are you just looking for an answer to a general question? We always provide free advice to individuals and self employed persons. You can send us an email, call us or fill in the form. But you should be asking answers to general questions.

Self Assessment Tax

Individual Tax Return

There are certain conditions where you would need to file self assessment tax return to HMRC. Discuss with our tax accountants your bsuiness

Landlord Tax Return

As a landlord, you must file your tax returnand do not miss out on the tax relief of certain expenses. Call our office for a quick chat.

Partnership Tax Return

Partnerships are obliged to file independent tax returns and this becomes base for partners taxable profits. Call us to discuss and free quote.

Domicile and Resident

If you are non resident or work outside UK, you must understand Resident and Domiciled definations. It can save you time and money.

Frequently Asked Questions

Most frequent questions and answers

Yes you can. Most of our clients who are small bsuiness , we setup an automated software for them to do their book keeping. We only need the records at the end of each period for compliance.

It would take only 10-15 minuites to populate a spread sheet each day to enter data of your daily expenses. You can also take picture of reciepts and save it in a secured drive. Or you can use a software like Reciept bank.

Our charges are depend on amount of time we will spend on yor book keeping. Most of the time and because of availability of online and IT tools we advice clients to scan their record to save time and money.

We will not advice to do your book keeping on annual basis. There are many reasons and the major reason is you will find it hard to analyse and store records for the whole year if left to the end of the year.

Free advice for our clients

Our Services For Business

Client Testimonials

Our clients are our assets and we take every step to look after them and provide them the advice and support when ever they need. 


It has never been easier to switch accountants. You just need to sign our engagement letter and we will do the rest.

Our Blog

Read our Latest Blog

Uptodate knowledge of tax and business sectors of UK, HMRC and EU written in language you can understand.

Maintaining your NIC contributions Covid-19

If a person already has 35 qualifying years or is likely to do so by the time that they reach state pension age, missing a year will not adversely affect their state pension entitlement. However, if they have less than 35 years (and will be able to reach the minimum 10 years needed for a reduced state pension by the time that they reach state pension age) making voluntary contributions can be worthwhile.


Selling the Buy to Let property at a loss

While any gain on the sale of a property that has been the taxpayer’s main residence throughout the period of ownership is covered by private residence relief, the flip side is that if the main residence is sold at a loss, the loss is not an allowable loss for capital gains tax purposes.