Tax Returns

Anyone who receives both a private pension and the state pension will possibly need to complete a self assessment tax return at the end of the tax year. This can be quite complicated for pensioners to tackle on their own. Call us for free advice

Have a question?
Get A Free Quote
Have a question?
Get A Free Quote

Self Assessment
Tax Retruns

If you are receiving a pension but continue to stay in work tax will be deducted from your earnings and state pension by your employer under the PAYE system. However, if you work in a self-employed capacity you will need to complete a self assessment tax return to declare your total income. It can be quite complicated to complete a self assessment tax return, especially if you have never had to complete one in the past during your working life, however at The Accountancy Solutions we can help you to complete the relevant forms and to ensure that you don’t pay any more tax that you should.

Tax Returns Pensioners

Pension providers subtract the amount of tax owed before paying you, and any tax owed on the state pension is also subtracted before you are paid. If you receive payments from multiple providers, HMRC will require one provider to subtract the tax from the state pension. At the year end, you will receive a P60 from the provider of your pension which will show the amount of tax you have paid. If your only income is the state pension you will be responsible for paying tax which you owe. Normally it will be deducted at source and you may not to file a tax return. We can ensure that you get correct advice and help to shoulder the burden so you don’t need to worry about submitting your tax return on time.


We care for our clients. Building and maintaining fantastic relationships is what we do best, we will never treat you as a number which is what makes our approach so unique. The highest level of customer service combined with a keenness to listen and work together with our clients means that we leave a stream of happy clients in our wake every single day. Our services come with unlimited help and support provided at no extra cost throughout the year.That help and advice will all come courtesy of your own fully qualified and dedicated small business accountant.

Got a question?
No problem

Are you just looking for an answer to a general question? We always provide free advice to individuals and self employed persons. You can send us an email, call us or fill in the form. But you should be asking answers to general questions.

Self Assessment Tax

Individual Tax Return

There are certain conditions where you would need to file self assessment tax return to HMRC. Discuss with our tax accountants your bsuiness

Landlord Tax Return

As a landlord, you must file your tax returnand do not miss out on the tax relief of certain expenses. Call our office for a quick chat.

Partnership Tax Return

Partnerships are obliged to file independent tax returns and this becomes base for partners taxable profits. Call us to discuss and free quote.

Domicile and Resident

If you are non resident or work outside UK, you must understand Resident and Domiciled definations. It can save you time and money.

Frequently Asked Questions

Most frequent questions and answers

Yes you can. Most of our clients who are small bsuiness , we setup an automated software for them to do their book keeping. We only need the records at the end of each period for compliance.

It would take only 10-15 minuites to populate a spread sheet each day to enter data of your daily expenses. You can also take picture of reciepts and save it in a secured drive. Or you can use a software like Reciept bank.

Our charges are depend on amount of time we will spend on yor book keeping. Most of the time and because of availability of online and IT tools we advice clients to scan their record to save time and money.

We will not advice to do your book keeping on annual basis. There are many reasons and the major reason is you will find it hard to analyse and store records for the whole year if left to the end of the year.

Free advice for our clients

Our Services For Business

Client Testimonials

Our clients are our assets and we take every step to look after them and provide them the advice and support when ever they need. 


It has never been easier to switch accountants. You just need to sign our engagement letter and we will do the rest.

Our Blog

Read our Latest Blog

Uptodate knowledge of tax and business sectors of UK, HMRC and EU written in language you can understand.

Maintaining your NIC contributions Covid-19

If a person already has 35 qualifying years or is likely to do so by the time that they reach state pension age, missing a year will not adversely affect their state pension entitlement. However, if they have less than 35 years (and will be able to reach the minimum 10 years needed for a reduced state pension by the time that they reach state pension age) making voluntary contributions can be worthwhile.


Selling the Buy to Let property at a loss

While any gain on the sale of a property that has been the taxpayer’s main residence throughout the period of ownership is covered by private residence relief, the flip side is that if the main residence is sold at a loss, the loss is not an allowable loss for capital gains tax purposes.