VAT Online Trading and Services

If you are considering trading online or already have an online business established, a specialist VAT accountant can help you make processes easier. With additional support from our experienced accountants and tax advisers, you can be certain that your VAT requirements are met exactly, with no rules left out and fully complied with relevant law

Have a question?
Get A Free Quote
Have a question?
Get A Free Quote

Your partners in planning and success

The regulations surrounding online trading and services cover a vast range of different business types, specialising in online and distance goods or services. Online businesses must adhere to reporting rules and VAT rules when trading in physical goods or digital services in EU countries. With rules changing from country to country, outside of the EU, it is essential that a business knows the regulations of the country they are trading with.

VAT On Online Trading And Services

Our team at The Accountancy Solutions has considerable experience working with companies requiring internal imports and exports and digital exclusive online trading and services. We know how difficult it can be to manage the online trading requirements and the additional considerations, costs, and documentation required. Your business must operate within the strict regulations for online trading and services. Your self-assessment and VAT returns accurately reflect your VAT input and output. We provide many services to businesses to better enable them to trade online without VAT problems. These include, but are not limited to:

  • VAT rates
  • International VAT registration and deregistration
  • Compliance checks and investigations
  • Import duty
  • Input and output calculations
  • Record management
  • Forms and documentation
  • Digital services


We care for our clients. Building and maintaining fantastic relationships is what we do best, we will never treat you as a number which is what makes our approach so unique. The highest level of customer service combined with a keenness to listen and work together with our clients means that we leave a stream of happy clients in our wake every single day. Our services come with unlimited help and support provided at no extra cost throughout the year.That help and advice will all come courtesy of your own fully qualified and dedicated small business accountant.

Got a question?
No problem

Are you just looking for an answer to a general question? We always provide free advice to individuals and self employed persons. You can send us an email, call us or fill in the form. But you should be asking answers to general questions.

VAT Registration

Its not easy to get VAT register. You would need an expert hand to advice you for VAT registration. Call us for a quick chat.

VAT Flat Rate Scheme

The scheme allows business owners to make their VAT simpler by paying a fixed percentage instead of calculating VAT

VAT Margin Scheme

Using the scheme means that your business doesn’t have to pay VAT on the full amount for which the goods are sold.

VAT Retail Scheme

Retail schemes provide an alternative to the standard process and recording and accounting for the VAT on every sale

Frequently Asked Questions

Most frequent questions and answers

No we do not charge any fee for initial consultation. We will try to give you free guidance if its something you can do easily by yourself. We will only charge you if you appoint us to do some work for you. 

We are giving free advice on general questions and this is one way of paying back to our local community who cannot get through to tax man. But if your question is of specific nature, we will tell you about our fee.

You can certainly ask question about accounting but you should know that we cannot teach you accounting over the phone or online. If you are not familiar with book keeping or accounting, its best to hire an accountant?

If you are only after advice, we will make a decision after hearing question. It may take further investigation and we may have to look into your personal circumstances to answer your question.

Free advice for our clients

Our Services For Business

Client Testimonials

Our clients are our assets and we take every step to look after them and provide them the advice and support when ever they need. 


It has never been easier to switch accountants. You just need to sign our engagement letter and we will do the rest.

Our Blog

Read our Latest Blog

Uptodate knowledge of tax and business sectors of UK, HMRC and EU written in language you can understand.

Maintaining your NIC contributions Covid-19

If a person already has 35 qualifying years or is likely to do so by the time that they reach state pension age, missing a year will not adversely affect their state pension entitlement. However, if they have less than 35 years (and will be able to reach the minimum 10 years needed for a reduced state pension by the time that they reach state pension age) making voluntary contributions can be worthwhile.


Selling the Buy to Let property at a loss

While any gain on the sale of a property that has been the taxpayer’s main residence throughout the period of ownership is covered by private residence relief, the flip side is that if the main residence is sold at a loss, the loss is not an allowable loss for capital gains tax purposes.