VAT On Tour Operators

If you need assistance with your tour operations VAT requirements or are looking to register for the VAT margin scheme, our highly experienced team are on hand to provide all the support and advice you need.

Have a question?
Get A Free Quote
Have a question?
Get A Free Quote

Your partners in planning and success

Businesses that buy goods or services and sell them forwards in the form of accommodation, travel, or similar sectors, fall under tour operations. Some VAT areas on tour operations are eligible for special trades VAT rates, which means that there are potential VAT costs that can be reduced. Schemes are in place to help business owners in the tour operations sector manage their VAT payments differently. 

VAT On Tour Operators

The tour operations margin scheme allows a business to alter their VAT rates by paying only the difference between the purchase cost of a good or service and the resale cost. This covers multiple types of associated goods and services within the sector and involves additional conditions. 

Choosing to register for VAT’s tour operations margin scheme is an important decision for eligible business owners in the UK. The eligibility does not stretch to every service or goods supplied. Careful consideration is required to assess whether the particular services that your business offers fall under the different areas of the tour operations margin scheme or if you’ll have to pay standard VAT. At Accountancy Solutions, we can help your business in all tour operations VAT and the applicable margin scheme. Our services include, but are not limited to:

  • Compliance checks and investigations
  • Margin calculations
  • VAT records
  • VAT returns
  • Input and Output calculations
  • Registration and deregistration
  • Eligibility for the scheme


We care for our clients. Building and maintaining fantastic relationships is what we do best, we will never treat you as a number which is what makes our approach so unique. The highest level of customer service combined with a keenness to listen and work together with our clients means that we leave a stream of happy clients in our wake every single day. Our services come with unlimited help and support provided at no extra cost throughout the year.That help and advice will all come courtesy of your own fully qualified and dedicated small business accountant.

Got a question?
No problem

Are you just looking for an answer to a general question? We always provide free advice to individuals and self employed persons. You can send us an email, call us or fill in the form. But you should be asking answers to general questions.

VAT On Builders

From large construction projects to domestic improvements, there are reasons why you are eligible for a lower rate of VAT

VAT On Vehicle Sales

Our expert accountants can help for a faster solution to determine if a vehicle is eligible and complete the required documentation.

VAT On Tour Operators

Choosing to register for the tour operations margin scheme for VAT, is an important decision for eligible business owners in the UK

VAT On Jewelers

When looking to sell or invest in precious metals or jewels, it is essential to understand how VAT works and where it is applicable

Frequently Asked Questions

Most frequent questions and answers

No we do not charge any fee for initial consultation. We will try to give you free guidance if its something you can do easily by yourself. We will only charge you if you appoint us to do some work for you. 

We are giving free advice on general questions and this is one way of paying back to our local community who cannot get through to tax man. But if your question is of specific nature, we will tell you about our fee.

You can certainly ask question about accounting but you should know that we cannot teach you accounting over the phone or online. If you are not familiar with book keeping or accounting, its best to hire an accountant?

If you are only after advice, we will make a decision after hearing question. It may take further investigation and we may have to look into your personal circumstances to answer your question.

Free advice for our clients

Our Services For Business

Client Testimonials

Our clients are our assets and we take every step to look after them and provide them the advice and support when ever they need. 


It has never been easier to switch accountants. You just need to sign our engagement letter and we will do the rest.

Our Blog

Read our Latest Blog

Uptodate knowledge of tax and business sectors of UK, HMRC and EU written in language you can understand.

Maintaining your NIC contributions Covid-19

If a person already has 35 qualifying years or is likely to do so by the time that they reach state pension age, missing a year will not adversely affect their state pension entitlement. However, if they have less than 35 years (and will be able to reach the minimum 10 years needed for a reduced state pension by the time that they reach state pension age) making voluntary contributions can be worthwhile.


Selling the Buy to Let property at a loss

While any gain on the sale of a property that has been the taxpayer’s main residence throughout the period of ownership is covered by private residence relief, the flip side is that if the main residence is sold at a loss, the loss is not an allowable loss for capital gains tax purposes.