What is a SA102 Form | The Accountancy Solutions

Anyone registered for self-assessment for tax purposes with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) will be sent their self-assessment form at the end of the tax year to be completed before a set deadline. As there are many different streams of income, different pages are required to gather information about specific income types. The SA102 form is one of the pages from a self-assessment and is specifically used to gather information about income from employment or income from acting as a director.

One SA102 form is used for each income from the avenues. This also includes income you have received from overseas employment and employment on this form refers to any type of employment such as: full-time, part-time, as well as agency work. If you hold a position in office where expenses are reimbursed, then these details are not required on the SA102 form, but you can inform HMRC of these details using a SA100 form.

Types of Income Declared on a SA102 form

The SA102 form can be used to declare an array of employment related income, including but not limited to:

  • Wages
  • Commission
  • Tips
  • Bonuses
  • Gratuities
  • Sick pay
  • Maternity pay

Providing this information correctly and timely is essential because it is used to accurately calculate your tax and National Insurance (NI) obligations. If you need help with your tax compliance please contact The Accountancy Solutions on 01216297768 or 02070784001 for further advice.